- We believe God created the world; the world fell into sin; God redeemed and is redeeming the world through Christ and it will be complete when He comes again.
- We believe God is a God of Grace. His grace, not human decision is the decisive factor in our salvation. Believers do not choose God as much as God chooses believers. (John 3:5)
- We believe the Bible is the infallible and authoritative word of God. (2 Tim. 3:16)
- We believe that covenant is the richest biblical concept to describe God's relationship with His people. In covenant God binds himself to His people in promise and commitment. Covenant relationship is why God sent Jesus, because of a commitment to save His people. (Jer. 31:31-34)
- We believe in God's sovereignty. God is the main actor in creation. He is ultimately in control. So despite a world we humans have broken with sin, ultimately God's plans will triumph and all will be made new. (Jer. 29:12 & Rom. 8:28)
- We believe God Speaks to us through His Word. For this reason we have a high view of preaching as a Holy Spirit charged encounter with God. In our Sacraments of Baptism and the Lord's Supper we believe God himself is the active participant and we are passive participants. It is He that places a sign and seal of His covenant promises on us in the sacraments. (Rom. 10:14-15; Matt. 28:16-20; 1 Cor. 11:23-26)
- We believe To Belong to Christ, is To Belong to His People. We experience God's presence, grace, and care through the Church. (Eph. 4:1-16)
For more information about the CRC, visit the denomination website